Author Topic: Centex Gun Stores.  (Read 6296 times)

LJH

• Austin Tx
  • Global Moderator
  • On Target +18/-1
    • Infosmash
Re: Centex Gun Stores.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 09:40:03 PM »
Blucore is another new local shop. In Round Rock. Lots of ARs. Good sales and pistol selection.

Elite I like but dont like how they still do the phone call even if you have a CHL.
I am going to check out Bluecore soon.  The phone thing at Elite could be a training issue.  I.e. this is how you do it, this is how it is done, now it is done this way, no exceptions....

The GP is wicked strong

breakingcontact

• Outside Austin
  • On Target +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 06:26:12 PM »
Blucore is another new local shop. In Round Rock. Lots of ARs. Good sales and pistol selection.

Elite I like but dont like how they still do the phone call even if you have a CHL.
I am going to check out Bluecore soon.  The phone thing at Elite could be a training issue.  I.e. this is how you do it, this is how it is done, now it is done this way, no exceptions....
Bluecore has some real good sales throughout the year.

LJH

• Austin Tx
  • Global Moderator
  • On Target +18/-1
    • Infosmash
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 10:13:40 PM »
Cheaper Than Dirt Guns
130 Sundance Parkway
Round Rock Texas
512-649-1337
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/
CLOSED

Looks like the community has spoken.

Yes as members of the community I know there is not a lot of love for these guys.  Some say they are ok and do what they do for good reasons.  Others have sworn an oath to never spend a cent on these guys.  I personally fit into the "conflicted about their business practices and think they are a bit on the shady side" camp.

I really was hopping to find a bad selection, either uneducated or know it all staff, funky prices, or something that would make me hate the store.  Well, I do say the selection is quite nice.  When I say nice, let me be blunt, it was an unbelievable selection.  There is cheap up to fine and everything in between, this place has it in stock.  The 3 or 4 staff members I spoke with were all well versed with the items they were selling.  None of them were pushy or overbearing, yet all were helpful.  Dang, I really wanted to hate this place.  The prices were really low.  I saw a few items that caught my eye, and a quick search showed they were within a transfer fee of anything I could find on the Internet.   I didn't buy anything, I just couldn't bring myself to, but it was very tempting.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:13:45 AM by LJH »
The GP is wicked strong

LJH

• Austin Tx
  • Global Moderator
  • On Target +18/-1
    • Infosmash
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 03:27:27 PM »
Heritage Firearms
13497 U.S. 183 #350, Austin, TX 78750
(512) 219-1122
unknown website

New location, same goofy workers.  They are nice enough, but they are the "expert" types at times.  Prices are really hit or miss.  You will either get a crazy good deal, or giggle at the outrageous price, either or.  I could skip this place and not miss it.

Well apparently I was not the only one to skip Heritage Firearms.  They are closed.  Closed as not in business any longer.  Wish I could say that I will miss them, but I wont.  What I will miss is, just one more option to visit a gun store in North Austin.  The OP on them is being redacted to reflect this change.
The GP is wicked strong

Davetex

• Pflugerville
  • On Target +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 08:05:32 AM »
Didn't see a mention of https://www.gtdist.com/  They are my go to LGS.

Haven't been to Black Sheep but I've heard good things. https://www.facebook.com/BlackSheepArms

Also a new LGS close to home. They are looking for a new gun for me now.  http://www.hcammo.com/

CharlesSipe

• 638 Alton Place High Point, NC 27263
  • On Target +0/-0
    • outdoor limited
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 02:04:56 AM »
Visit OutdoorLimited,and cheap ammo For :-
22lr
9mm Ammo And many more ....