Author Topic: Guadalupe County Sheriff WILL sign!  (Read 1229 times)

TexasRedneck

• New Braunfels
  • Administrator
  • On Target +52/-1
  • Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Guadalupe County Sheriff WILL sign!
« on: May 20, 2015, 08:56:40 PM »
Had the chance to talk with Sheriff Zwicke yesterday.  We'd talked a while back, and at the time, he stated he was NOT signing for NFA regulated guns/equipment.  We discussed how a Gun Trust would allow a buyer to bypass that requirement, and all he was really doing was costing us money.  I explained that we STILL have to go through extensive background checks, etc.  He promised to look into it, and obviously, he did.

I missed him when I called, but he was kind enough to return my call yesterday, and confirmed that he WILL sign the paperwork.  His contact info is:

Sheriff Arnold Zwicke
2617 N. Guadalupe
Seguin, TX  78155
830-379-1224

Please note:  I have his permission to post this announcement - if you're going to post similar info, be sure it's with the LEO's permission, just as a courtesy!
South Central Regional Director
Texas State Rifle Association

jrbfishn

• On Target +0/-0
Re: Guadalupe County Sheriff WILL sign!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 11:28:12 AM »
Good for him. Appears he realized the he was misinformed about the process and corrected it. Many are.

TexasRedneck

• New Braunfels
  • Administrator
  • On Target +52/-1
  • Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 09:31:38 PM »
Well, this all started MANY years ago, when ONE Chief LEO decided it was "safer" for him politically to refuse to sign.  The others all picked up on this, and decided to sit on the same fence.  I'm finding myself less inclined to let things like this pass.  I'll be tactful and polite, but I WILL speak my mind.  With some careful education, we can make a difference - and every time one LEO changes his mind, another will consider doing so, as well.
South Central Regional Director
Texas State Rifle Association

texasjack

• SE Texas
  • On Target +2/-1
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 10:54:00 PM »
Sitting on the fence should be uncomfortable.  Politicians sometimes need a push to realize that.