Author Topic: Wanna near full auto AR?....LEGALLY!  (Read 2101 times)

TrapperL

• Texas
  • On Target +8/-0
Wanna near full auto AR?....LEGALLY!
« on: February 12, 2016, 10:51:12 PM »
Well, that's their claim anyway. If you have an interest in this kinda stuff, I wouldn't wait around too long. Might also have it sent to a blind address as you might get a visit from the feds later on. It's called a reset trigger. Not being too brilliant, I don't see much difference between this and a full auto trigger except that the trigger actually resets between rounds, or at least that's their claim. Looks like a fun deal but like most of the gizmos made for the AR platforms that make them ratty tat tat guns, it won't last long before this is illegal. Here's the vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omBLIDuzLB4

TexasRedneck

• New Braunfels
  • Administrator
  • On Target +52/-1
  • Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Re: Wanna near full auto AR?....LEGALLY!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 07:44:54 AM »
I have a feeling it's gonna be more like the bumpfire stocks - cool the first coupla mags, then someone's gonna wake up and realize how much ammo costs.....lol!  We've got a customer asking us to install one - we'll see if they go through with it. O:tu
South Central Regional Director
Texas State Rifle Association

Wolfwood

• COMAL COUNTY TX
  • Rather Clever
  • Administrator
  • On Target +9/-2
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 07:59:18 PM »
i wonder how hard it would be to roll your own...

TrapperL

• Texas
  • On Target +8/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 09:29:58 PM »
Seems like to me this kinda gizmo is just what the antis are looking for to make law abiding folks look like sanity is a mis-spelled word we can't say. I personally see no use for a gizmo like this. You certainly don't need it to hunt with and it's not something you'd use for target practice or benchrest. So other than the small thrill of it, it has no purpose. Just something else for the antis to hammer us with. Sometimes I wonder if it's not the antis that come up with stuff like this to hammer good folks with.

TexasRedneck

• New Braunfels
  • Administrator
  • On Target +52/-1
  • Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 10:44:04 PM »
With all due respect.....some of the stuff you and I enjoy is likely puzzled over by others that might enjoy that "gizmo".  It's a legal device per the ATF, so I'm okay with that.  Having done some research on 'em, I doubt they'll last very long anyways - there's issues with how fast you release the trigger that can cause misfeeds/jams - and as ANYONE that's ever owned a FA firearm can tell you, the reality of ammo costs quickly outweighs the "cool of it.
But - if they wanna buy one, then let 'em.  When they see how quickly a $20 mag of ammo goes, they'll change their minds!
South Central Regional Director
Texas State Rifle Association

LJH

• Austin Tx
  • Global Moderator
  • On Target +18/-1
    • Infosmash
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 02:55:55 PM »

Not hard at all.  You can make an AR fire at release (also called doubling) by messing with the sear engagement.  Its ultra dangerous as many shooters don't reset the trigger until moving off target.  Read here, http://texasshootingsports.com/forums/index.php/topic,962.msg11207.html#msg11207

I am not a fan of double fire anything.  Slide fire, bump fire, trigger bounce, tri-fire, hand crank, sure but this is just bad.

The GP is wicked strong

Wolfwood

• COMAL COUNTY TX
  • Rather Clever
  • Administrator
  • On Target +9/-2
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 04:48:36 PM »

Not hard at all.  You can make an AR fire at release (also called doubling) by messing with the sear engagement.  Its ultra dangerous as many shooters don't reset the trigger until moving off target.  Read here, http://texasshootingsports.com/forums/index.php/topic,962.msg11207.html#msg11207

I am not a fan of double fire anything.  Slide fire, bump fire, trigger bounce, tri-fire, hand crank, sure but this is just bad.

i wouldn't recommend that since that would be 2 shots per pull (NFA) with no option of firing a single shot (SAFETY) if i understand that correctly.
this thing seems to only be 1 shot per pull, just a faster reset.
seems more reasonable and safe to me, just expensive! but unlike the slide fire stock, this would work with your .22 conversion kit, and could be a real hoot for mowing down a row of dr thunder cans on a budget. still, to rich for me, with the sticker price + the new normal in the .22 ammo market.