Author Topic: Friday Guns  (Read 3015 times)

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
Re: Friday Guns
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2017, 12:41:01 AM »
It happened this Saturday.  The Leona 4th of July Machine Gun Shoot, 2017 Edition. 

Tippman .22lr 1919 and a thompson with a.22 conversion

PKM 7.62X54MM

M1 Garand

POF P-308 with Dead Air Sandman L and Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover

AR-15 mk12 clone w/ AAC M4-2000

RPD suffered case head seperation.

HK 416

POF P-308 with Dead Air Sandman L and Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover

Dead Air Sandman mount after 200 rounds.

The Dead Air Sandman L came off without a problem even after 200+ rounds.

Its nice being able to handle a hot suppressor.  The Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover and High Heat pouch work

The Split case from the RPD

Hot day in Texas?  EZ up for the truck & shooters!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2017, 09:59:53 PM »
Friday at the Bayou Rifles Addicks Range.  If it ain't raining, we ain't training.

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2017, 10:12:19 PM »
Friday at the Range was actually Friday through Sunday.   Started out with fishing and both boys caught their first fish.

Wild River Ranch is the best place to hunt in Texas.   

www.WildRiverRanch.net

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2017, 10:45:03 PM »
We got down to shooting.   I dropped a plate out at 700 yards.  The wind was blowing hard. Gusting up to 20. I confirmed zero on the IR Hunter Snipe IR at 100 yards.   This was mounted on my 22 AR-15. I figured it would be perfect for coons if we saw any.

I was trying a new rifle mount.    The Kopfjager Reaper Grip. This is a little different from the hog saddle that I normally use. I'm still getting used to it. So far I like it. It has a plate that allows you to mount either a camera or your spotting scope next to your rifle. This allows you to get some interesting video. That also should allow me to get some interesting video with the night-vision.

The IR Hunter and Kopfjager Reaper Grip are demo units from Thirda Coast Thermal.   
Dinner was some perfectly grilled steaks. 

I know, I'm too indulgent. My oldest son decided to eat Beast Style. I did make him cut it and eat it properly after I let him take a couple of bites like this.

Ready for #diepiggydie.  Team Wendy exfil, TNVC pvs-14 w/ stellar L3 filmless & a flir recon M24. 

Colt Lights AMRAAM 1200 for visible light

wild river ranch 6.8spc w/ a 12.5" Kotonics chrome lined barrel & Wilson Combat Whisper suppressor.  TNVC D-740 NV sight on top.

Trash pandas . . Fear the night . . Confirming zero with the IR Hunter Snipe IR on a .22 rimfire AR w/ the Dead Air Mask HD.  Collimated and set up for coons and other varmints this weekend.  This combination procedure is extremely important for the snipe IR to work as a clip-on.

#diepiggydie all dressed up and no pigs.  POF P-308, IR Hunter Mk II 20mm, Dead Air Sandman L,  Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover, Colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre,  Team Wendy Exfil, TNVC PVC-14.

Shooting the Savage MKii  Mounted in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip.  Set up for the 6 yer old.

The funny thing about the cameras with my six year old swears that he hit the target and refuses to believe me when I tell him he needs to adjust his point of aim, I can roll the tape back and let him see the miss

This is the 700 yd steel. I was shooting 147 grain Portuguese Surplus. You can see where one round skipped off the dirt in front of the target and hit sideways. Well this is not a very tight group, I was shooting Surplus Ammo with a 20 mile-an-hour gusting crosswind. I know excuses excuses

Shooting the FN SPR w/ @cruxsuppressors  Archangel and Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.  Mounted in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip.

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2017, 11:55:55 PM »
Shooting the FN SPR w/ @cruxsuppressors  Archangel and Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.  Mounted in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip.

The video camera adds an interesting perspective to the entire experience. I'm looking forward to running a PVS 14 on the front of that camera and shooting hogs at night

You can see the mounting plate for the video camera in this shot

700 yard IPSC

12" plate at 600 yards

Shooting the 22 AR at 300 yards with the dead air mask HD suppressor. My son was shooting his BB gun beside me

This AR-15 is optimized for shooting prairie dogs. It has a 26in AR Performance barrel and a Wilson Combat whisper suppressor. It is topped with a Zeiss optic. I was shooting out to 600 yards and hitting steel with no problem

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2017, 04:13:14 PM »
These top photos show the camera and spotting scope mount for the Kopfjager Reaper Grip. 

I thought it was interesting. I was able to review my shots and see where I missed if I did not catch that in the optic. One thing I need to work on is getting the camera to stay oriented during recoil with the 308. That is not a Reaper grip issue. That is a camera mount equipment issue

This is a fascinating little SBR. It is a Bushmaster Carbon AR-15 with a 7 & a half inch barrel and a Wilson Combat whisper suppressor on the end.

There's something cool about waking up in the morning and walking out on the porch and starting with 19mil of elevation and the 400 yd

My oldest son is shooting his great-grandfather's Savage Mark 2 in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip.  My youngest wanted to shoot his BB gun. We have a lot of work to do before they can use open sights reliably

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »
Lots of pigs hit.   Found these 4. 

The number one lesson is shot placement. Even with a 308, it is not the magic finger of death and you have to aim and pick where you are going to shoot the pig. If you shoot them in the wrong place they will run off. Some of these pigs were shot in the right place and they still ran off.

Equipment used.  POF P-308, IR Hunter Mk II 20mm, Dead Air Sandman L,  Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover, Colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre,  Team Wendy Exfil, TNVC PVC-14.

www.wildriverranchllc.net 6.8spc w/ a 12.5" Kotonics chrome lined barrel & Wilson Combat Whisper suppressor.  TNVC D-740 NV sight on top.

All dressed up for his 2nd pig hunt.  I put the flir rm24 Recon in my six year old's hands so he would be able to see and interact as the hunt progressed

I believe that is the exit wound. If you look at the video this pig was shot in the rear as he was turning around. He ran 50 yards and dropped. My youngest was very brave to walk through the edge of the forest to get to the clearing where we found him. POF P-308.  Even with a 308, shot placement is important.

This was the second pig of the night. He ran about 75 yards before he dropped and died. 

Spine shot with a 6.8.

3rd pig shot on the run with the P-308

I'm using the flir rm24 Recon and the Colt lights AMRAAM 1200 to search for dead pigs in the brush

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2017, 11:20:24 AM »
Friday at the Range. Conroe pig hunt. 

#diepiggydie Shot in the head. 

The 308 win with Federal 165 grain trophy bonded projectiles continues to impress.

POF P-308
IR Hunter Mk II 20mm
Dead Air Sandman L
Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover
Colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre.

Third Coast Thermal provided the IR Hunter.

Federal 165gr Trophy bonded projectiles.

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2017, 11:47:52 AM »
Friday Guns. #DiePiggyDie.  POF P-308, a Dead Air Sandman L a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover with a IR Hunter Mk II from Third Coast Thermal.

I got this one on the run at about 125 yards after missing his head.   

This was the perfect head shot.

I was using a TNVC pVS-14 in a Wilcox mount on a Team Wendy EXFIL ballistic helmet.   I believe this is the most comfortable ballistic helmet I've ever worn.

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2017, 12:41:29 PM »
Friday Guns . . . . Hurricane Harvey style.   Hodge Defense AU mod 1

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2017, 11:42:37 PM »
Friday Guns.   Shooting The POF P-308, w/ the Steiner R1X, Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover  the Savage MkII w/ Dead Air Mask HD  in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip.
Rocking the Citizen NY0040 on the wrist.
#thepewpewlife #blackgunsmatter #evilblackrifle #guns #weapon #weapons #weaponsdaily #rifles #suppressor #makeamericagreatagain #weaponsfanatics #texasguntrust #texasnfatrust #guntrust #nfatrust #reapergrip #kopfjager #kopfjagerindustries #citizenwatches #citizendiver #citizenny0040

@third_coast_thermal provided the Steiner R1X and the Reapergrip. Contact third coast thermal for open box demo sale prices.

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2017, 12:32:42 AM »
Friday was the first nice, comfortable day at the range that we've had since the end of April. The perfect day for sighting in one of the rifles. 

I used some Surplus 147 grain NATO 308. Got what I believe or a couple of respectable groups for that ammo

Friday at the Range:  The POF P-308, w/ the Steiner R1X, Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip.  Using the spotting scope camera mount to film what I'm shooting.

The new Steiner r1x had no problem hitting a 12in plate at 100 yd when zeroed at 50m. I'm going to see what ranges the lower four red dots correspond to at a later date

Enjoying a new cigar.   A Drew Estates Muwat Kentucky Fire Cured cigar. It had a different taste to it. But it wasn't bad at all. Sitting on top of a Vortex Razor Gen II 4- 27

The POF P-308, w/ the Steiner R1X, Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover next to the Remington 700 w/ magpul bottom

Box of awesome. Day, night long and short distance!

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2017, 02:22:01 PM »
https://youtu.be/J3D_buRgs00

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2017, 07:10:14 PM »
More from Friday
Box of Awesome.  Short Long and night!  POF P-308, w/ the Steiner R1X, Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor

Remington 700 in a Bell and Carlson M40 stock w/ MagPul bottom and a Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.  Put together by Pitchford Gun Works.

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2017, 04:59:29 PM »
Friday at the Range.  Sighting in two thermal Weapon sights and a hog hunt with no hogs.
Sighting in for a hog hunt . . .  Hodge Defense 16"" AU Mod 1 16" w/ Surefire socom556rc & Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.  The thermal is an IR Defense Snipe IR clip on from @third_coast_thermal. It's in a kopfjager reapergrip on a Slik tripod.

The colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre will be installed for tonight's fun and games.

Managed to hit the bolt on the  steel from @418plates.

Watches at the Range:  Citizen 67-9356  8110a Bullhead Octagon. A Perdomo Habana was the cigar of the day.

Sighting in for a hog hunt . . .  Hodge Defense 16"" AU Mod 1 16" w/ Surefire socom556rc & Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.  The thermal is an IR Defense Snipe IR clip on from @third_coast_thermal.  It's in a kopfjager reapergrip on a Slik tripod.

The colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre will be installed for tonight's fun and games.