Author Topic: Friday Guns  (Read 3503 times)

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
Re: Friday Guns
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2017, 05:14:31 PM »

Hunting hogs. Invited to some property in Trinity County by friend in a client. Unfortunately, there was no wind and the moon didn't come up until 4 in the morning. The Hogs did not move. In fact nothing was moving for 5 hours

Two Hodge Defense AU Mod 1s with Surefire socom556 cans & Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover. 

The thermal is an IR Defense Snipe IR clip on from @third_coast_thermal.

The colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre will be installed for tonight's fun and games.

#diepiggydie  Hodge Defense AU mod 1, IR Hunter Snipe IR, Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover on the Socom556sb.  Team Wendy exfil w/ a TNVC pvs-14 on a Wilcox mount.
The IR snipe-ir is a loner from @third_coast_thermal

This is the snipe IR in front of the Leupold day optic. Once you get used to the position it's not hard to Upright the snipe IR. The one caveat to that is it's been hard for me to reach forward while looking through the day optic to see where I am out of the menu without the rifle mounted on a shooting sticks or some other object.

The camel backpack on the ground with the team Wendy exfil helmet and the tmvc pvs-14 and Wilcox mount. The Deep Woods Off was equally Mission essential as batteries. The mosquitoes were out in force.

Waiting on the hogs in thermal.

This photo shows the DVR setup that allows recording from the snipe IR

Hog hunting with no hogs.   I am running the IR defense snipe IR clip on thermal weapon sight in front of a Leupold mark 8 1 to 8 cqbss.

#diepiggydie. No hogs for me in Trinity County, but my friend in Montgomery county used his day old,  new Pulsar APEX from @third_coast_thermal to take This hog.   This is on a 10.5" 5.56 SBR and a YHM QD Phantom.   Neck shot. Ran 20 yds and stopped. Used  hornady soft point. Sounded like someone hit a mattress with a cain pole each it time

Fisher fire 2011, the wristwatch flashlight. This is another piece of gear that I consider to be essential. It's one of those items that when I first got it I kind of scratched my head and wondered how useful it would be. Over the last few years I don't go on a hunt without it

Hello I've had the snipe IR for a couple of months, I've not been able to use it in the field until tonight. The image is good. As I've learned to work through the menus and change the settings, I found this to be a very usable clip-on. I am able to get good resolution up to 6 power with the Leupold Mark 8

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2017, 05:30:17 PM »
Thursday night pig hunt!  Two recovered.  Two more ran off with holes in them. 

#diepiggydie. No hogs yet  checking the treeline with the Pulsar APEX from @third_coast_thermal.  This is on a 10.5" 5.56 SBR and a YHM QD Phantom.
#thepewpewlife #blackgunsmatter #evilblackrifle #guns #weapon #weapons #weaponsdaily #rifles #suppressor #makeamericagreatagain #weaponsfanatics #texasguntrust #texasnfatrust #guntrust #nfatrust
#deadairsilencers #thirdcoastthermal
#third_coast_thermal
 #pulsarapex #pulsarnightvision

#diepiggydie On watch. Locked and loaded. Essential gear.  Surefire 2211 wristlight/watch, A good cigar and a Hodge Defense AU mod 1, IR Hunter Snipe IR and a Socom556sb in a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.

#diepiggydie First hog using the Snipe IR. This was a Team Kill. I shot the hog with a 62gr fusion and a friend also put one in him.
Hodge Defense AU mod 1, IR Hunter Snipe IR and a Socom556sb in a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.  Other gear . . .  A M24 recon, Team Wendy exfil w/ a TNVC pvs-14 on a Wilcox mount.

Entrance above and exit belie of a 62gr fusion.  125 + yards on the run with the Snipe IR Clip on.

#diepiggydie second hog using the Snipe IR. 125 + yards on the run with a 62gr fusion.

Hodge Defense AU mod 1, IR Hunter Snipe IR and a Socom556sb in a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.  Other gear . . .  A M24 recon, Team Wendy exfil w/ a TNVC pvs-14 on a Wilcox mount.

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2017, 08:08:35 PM »
Friday at the Range.   After staying out till 2 in the morning shooting Hogs last night today is Friday Ranch trip was just a fun planking session with 22s

Friday Watches at the Range:  A Citizen Skeleton from the early 70s some great .22 Subsonic ammo.

Friday Watches at the Range:  A Citizen Skeleton from the early 70s some great .22 Subsonic ammo and a great Nat Sherman cigar. 

Friday at the Range:  Shooting the Savage MkII w/ Dead Air Mask HD.

Friday at the Range:  Shooting the Savage MkII w/ AAC Element.

Friday Guns:  Shooting the Fortner action Anschutz model 1727F - 22 AV.  AV stands for "American Varminter", i. e. 18" threaded barrel.  GemTech Subsonic. 22 through a SWR Spectre.

Friday Guns.  Shooting the Browning Challenger w/ red dot at 50 yards.   Rolex Sea Dweller for added style.

Friday Guns.  Shooting the Browning Challenger w/ red dot at 50 yards.   A Citizen Skeleton from the early 70s for added style.  some great .22 Subsonic ammo and a great Nat Sherman cigar.

Citizen week continues.  The Citizen Skeleton 8060A from the early 70s!

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2017, 08:01:44 PM »
Deer Season 2017 has opened on Wild River Ranch.    Two management bucks and a small midnight pig were the weekend tally.

Opening Day. Zero confirmation. The moment of the shot. You can see the gas escaping from both the suppressor and the ejection port.

The POF P-308, w/ Vortex Razor HD 5-20, Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover

Zero confirmation with the POF P-308 and a Romeo and Julieta cigar

The POF P-308, w/ Vortex Razor HD 5-20, Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover

Sighting the Snipe IR in on the .22 at 50 yards as a dedicated weapon sight.   Used the kopfjager-industries Reaper Grip to secure the rifle.

The IR Hunter snipe-ir is from @third_coast_thermal.

Deer Season 2017 Opening Day. First buck down.  Wild River Ranch formerly MLD3 now conservation option cooperator. Using the  suppressed POF P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.
#wildriverranch

#diepiggydie 110yd midnight spine shot.  POF P-308, IR Hunter Mk II 20mm, Dead Air key-mo mount.
@third_coast_thermal provided the IR Hunter.

Deer Season 2017 Day 2. Second Management  buck down.  He was walking into the treeline at 110 yards and turned as I shot.  He never stopped moving before heading for the treeline.  Exit wound is shown.  Not an optimal angle.  Entry was in the proper spot on the neck.  Wild River Ranch formerly MLD3 now conservation option cooperator. Using the  suppressed POF P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a surefire SOCOM762RC & a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.

Zero confirmation Remington 700 6.8 w/ a Wilson Combat Whisper suppressor.

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2017, 10:04:18 PM »
Deer Season 2017

Deer Season 2017. Opening day. First deer.  Late drop fawn and mother.

Can you see me now? Trash Panda.  I'll have the suppressed .22 this evening.

Shadow of th e hunter.

Deer Season 2017 Opening Day. Waiting in deer blind.  Using the  suppressed POF P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.
#wildriverranch

Gas

Enjoying a Romeo and Julieta Reserve before the evening hunt.  Surefire 2211 for lighting the night and telling time.

Traveling light

My oldest preparing and helping cook the Deer heart

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2017, 12:42:45 PM »
Thursday Hog Hunt and Friday at the Range.

#diepiggydie  We stalked up on this boar as he was eating corn under a feeder.  He was tall.  Stood halfway up the legs.   We got to about 100 or 110  yards.   POF P-308, IR Hunter Mk II 20mm, Dead Air Key-Mo mount, Colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre.

Friday at the Range.  The line.
The POF P-308, w/ Vortex Razor HD 5-20, Surefire SOCOM762RC in a Kopfjager-industries Reaper Grip.  There's a Pig Saddle in the back.

Friday Watches at the Range: enjoying the Rolex Day Date w/ Blue Sapphire dial and a Romeo and JulietaReserve cigar

The Savage Mk II and Dead Air Mask HD  in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip.

Shooting a .300 Norma Mag with a Crux Ark30 off the kopfjager-industries Reaper Grip.   

Custom Remington 700.  Evelio McDonald built this masterpeice.   20 Shilen 4-groove ratchet 1:8, Defiance bolt stop, Badger mini tactical bolt knob, Bell & Carlson M40 stock, Seekins Precision bipod rail, Atlas bipod, NF 3.5-15x56, Leupold mounts and Jewell trigger.  The Suppressor is a Crux Archangel 30.

Badger mini tactical bolt knob,

Defiance bolt stop and Atlas bipod

Crux Archangel 30

Pig Saddle

Stirling Diver, Artifice horoworks SKX Enhanced, Rolex Sea dweller and Rolex Day Date

Friday Watches at the Range:  The Rolex Day Date w/ Blue Sapphire dial in 18k gold.

Artifice Horoworks SKX Enhanced and a Romeo Y Julieta Reserve

Xterra at the Range.  Fits all I need.

Mind the Gap!   Charlie don't surf and  Tundras don't float!

@third_coast_thermal provided the IR Hunter.
#thepewpewlife #blackgunsmatter #evilblackrifle #guns #weapon #weapons #weaponsdaily #rifles #suppressor #makeamericagreatagain #weaponsfanatics #texasguntrust #texasnfatrust #guntrust #nfatrust
#deadairsilencers #thirdcoastthermal
#third_coast_thermal
 #coltlights #pofusa  #pofusa #deadairsilencers #riflesonly

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2017, 12:59:54 PM »
https://youtu.be/mLJSmD34lM0

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2017, 01:00:22 PM »
https://youtu.be/mLJSmD34lM0

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2017, 04:59:05 PM »
Friday At the Range.  A deer hunt on Wild River Ranch.

This morning, we  had two 3 to 3.5yr old 8 8pts, a 2yr old 8pt, a 2yr old 6pt, a 2yr 5pt and a 2 year old spike.   All breeding age. 

Sighting in the Snipe-IR on the POF P-415.  GemTech Trek Ti w/ a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover all in a kofpflager Reaper Grip.

@third_coast_thermal provided the Trijicon SNIPE-IR and the Reapergrip. Contact third coast thermal for open box demo sale prices.

SAS Dublinh for telling the time

Neighbors cows ate 400lbs of corn in a week.

Deer Season 2017 3rd weekend  No doe moving. Management buck down.  Wild River Ranch formerly MLD3 now conservation option cooperator. Using the  suppressed POF P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.
#wildriverranch

Entry wound of a .308win 165gr Gameking

Exit wound of a .308win 165gr Gameking

Perfectly grilled Steak, potatoes and the surefire 2211 Wrist watch light.

#surefirewristlight #surefire2211 #watches

Deer/Hog huntijng EDC.    Glock 23, bianchi holster, Colt Lights AMRAM Judge, Surefire 2211 Wristlight/watch, Emerson CQC, Flir M24 Recon,  CK Knives Sheath knife

Deer Season 2017.   #stilllookingfordoe

This set of photos show why young spikes are not kept around.   

This morning, we  had two 3 to 3.5yr old 8 8pts, a 2yr old 8pt, a 2yr old 6pt, a 2yr 5pt and a 2 year old spike.   All breeding age. 

Cutting through the fog with a Trijicon Snipe-IR

A young 2yr old 6pt in the fog.

The rack is 3mil wide at 80 yards.   So around 10"?

Deer Season 2017.  A pair of 3.5yr old 8 points in the fog.  Giving them a few more years to grow.

A nice 3.5yr old 8pt.    The rack is 5 mil at 80 yards.  Around 16" across.   

Same age class.  8pts but much narrower rack

The two 3 to 3.5 yr old 8pts together. 

The 2yr old 5pt. pt

Deer Season 2017 5 point buck.  Compare this to the two 3 to 3.5yr old 8 8pt bucks. 

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2017, 07:53:42 PM »
Hogs.  No deer. 
POF P-308 ready for action.

Deer Season 2017.  Enjoying a the breeze and Diesel #cigar at IHOP.  Looking for a coyote on the gut pile 200yards downrange.

Hurricane Harvey damage on the San Antonio River

Enjoying a Fallen Angel Cigar

Saturday night Hog.   #diepiggydie  scowl becuase the lens cover flipped down and i missed another pig.  POF P-308, IR Hunter Mk II 20mm, Dead Air Key-Mo mount, Colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre.

#diepiggydie  Daylight pig  Right in the eye at 125 yards. .POF P-308, Vortex Razor HD 5-20, Surefire SOCOM762RC and a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2017, 10:47:23 AM »
#diepiggydie  Team shoot. 4 pigs down with a team effort. My friend earned the bacon award for high score! He was stacking the bacon, 3 down, with a Pulsar APEX from @third_coast_thermal on a 7.62x39mm upper and a Crux Archangel suppressor.

@third_coast_thermal provided the IR Hunter and the Pulsar.

High score. . . . Pulsar APEX from @third_coast_thermal on a 7.62x39mm upper and a Crux Archangel suppressor.

The POF P-308 was using the Trijicon (IR Hunter) Snipe-IR 35mm in dedicated sight mode. The POF has a Dead Air Key-Mo mount module, a rifles only HAD suppressor cover.

Before it got dark, I used the Kofpflager Reaper grip for sighting it.

Loaded for Hog

Murder truck. Tuesday bloody Tuesday

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2017, 10:35:48 AM »
#diepiggydie A friend and gun trust client shot this hog last Friday. He was using a gemtech sandstorm on a 12.5" ARP barrel in 6.8spc.

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2017, 11:01:30 AM »
#diepiggydie  Something we don't see everyday.  An AKM with a thermal.  This Texasguntrust.com client is waiting on his dead air Wolverine.   I am notnsure of the brand of ALL or the mount, but this is a ATN Thor supplies by Able Ammo in Conroe.

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2017, 12:20:02 PM »
Friday at The Range worked on some ammo testing and zeroed the Trijicon SNIPE-IR as a dedicated weapon sight.

That's the new Eaton Tactical case insert for organizing a pelican 1750

The POF P-308 with the Snipe IR clip on thermal on the kopfjager-industries Reaper Grip.  Bith from Third Coast Thermal.   The thermal is being used as a dedicated weapon sight.

The Omega Speedmaster Pro Moon watch ref 3570.50 and a Montecristo platinum

Missed the big target and hit the leg

Shooting the 3" plate at 100 yards with the SNIPE iR

SC-Texas

• houston
  • On Target +3/-0
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2017, 09:00:04 AM »
Veterans Day at the Range .  Friday and Saturday edition.   I took my boys to the range to celebrate Veterans day.   

Friday Guns. Confirming Zero with the POF P-308, Trijicon SNIPE-IR,  Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover in a HOG Saddle.

Friday at the Range. My youngest loading his great grandfathers Savage MK II with a Primary Arms 4-14 & the Dead Air Mask HD.   He is shooting the rifle off a Kopfjager Reaper Grip and having no trouble hitting steel at 100 yards.   

Friday at the Range.  My youngest's first time with a centerfire rifle.  Custom Remington 700.  Evelio McDonald built this masterpeice.  20 Shilen 4-groove ratchet 1:8, Defiance bolt stop, Badger mini tactical bolt knob, Bell & Carlson M40 stock, Seekins Precision bipod rail, Atlas bipod, NF 3.5-15x56, Leupold mounts and Jewell trigger.  The Suppressor is a Crux Archangel 30.

Friday at the Range. My youngest shooting his great grandfathers Savage MK II with a Primary Arms 4-14 & the Dead Air Mask HD.   He is shooting the rifle off a Kopfjager Reaper Grip and having no trouble hitting steel at 100 yards.

POF P-308 and Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover in day precision mode on the HOG Saddle

My 8 year old shooting the 18" AR-15 w/ IOR Valdata 3-18, Surefire SOCOM556RC and a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover in a Kopfjager-industries Reaper Grip.

My 8 year old loading the magazine for the AR.

My son shooting his grandfathers Savage MK II with a Primary Arms 4-14 & the Dead Air Mask HD.   He is shooting the rifle off a Kopfjager Reaper Grip and having no trouble hitting steel at 100 yards.

Didn't realize I kept saying good job over and over. 

[MEDIA=youtube]pZvyL2uB92w[/MEDIA]

My 8 year old shooting his great grandfathers Savage MK II with a Primary Arms FFP mil reticle and Dead Air Mask HD

[MEDIA=youtube]sc6DsV7oQl8[/MEDIA]