Author Topic: Constitutional Carry - HB 375 and HB 1911  (Read 304 times)

TexasRedneck

• New Braunfels
  • Administrator
  • On Target +52/-1
  • Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Constitutional Carry - HB 375 and HB 1911
« on: March 28, 2017, 06:09:20 PM »
Hearings were held today on BOTH bills - there's some discussion that they might end up merging the two bills, taking the strengths of each bill and consolidating the support to get folks behind ONE effort.

NGR, OCT and TSRA representatives were present during the hearings, and many met with various legislators in an effort to develop a consensus and support.  Still too early to tell for sure, but early in the session, the "street talk" was that neither bill had a chance this session.  Given the many other states that are passing CC, and the gradual groundswell of support here in Texas - that could VERY well be changing.

I would encourage each of you to call YOUR state legislators, and push them to co-author one (or both) of these bills ASAP.  I think that IF we can generate enough "noise", we CAN make this happen this session!
South Central Regional Director
Texas State Rifle Association

TexasRedneck

• New Braunfels
  • Administrator
  • On Target +52/-1
  • Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Re: Constitutional Carry - HB 375 and HB 1911
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 11:51:56 PM »
If you've been under a rock, HB1911 made it out of committee......it DOES have a chance if we'll ALL push for it in a tactful and polite manner. 
South Central Regional Director
Texas State Rifle Association

Wolfwood

• N.B. TX
  • Rather Clever
  • Administrator
  • On Target +9/-2
Re: Constitutional Carry - HB 375 and HB 1911
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 08:47:38 PM »
My Google fu is weak.

Is there a good site to keep an eye on Texas legislation progress on a bill by bill basis?

I'd also like to take a look at the full text on these.