Author Topic: How to dept  (Read 1493 times)

TrapperL

• Texas
  • On Target +8/-0
How to dept
« on: October 04, 2013, 05:02:26 PM »
I think the website could use a "How To" dept. Some of us retired morons could put together a few items like I just fixed my Ohaus 1010 scale that was so popular but they no longer fix these things. Could even have a "how to" on reloading, trigger installations, 10/22 mods, etc. I think the best part is that when folks do a search for some of these things, they're going to find this website. Hopefully those folks will come and stay. I would, however, make sure that anybody that posts to this dept understand that it's subject to admin scrutiny. Certainly wouldn't want anyone posting something dangerous.

Wolfwood

• COMAL COUNTY TX
  • Rather Clever
  • Administrator
  • On Target +9/-2
Re: How to dept
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 07:18:29 PM »
I can see how this would be a great thing for the site.

I can also see how it could get confusing to posters, (ie do i post this in the reloading board or the how to board?????!?!?!?!?!)
And of course the obvious problem of a guide that encourages say, eyeballing powder charges for instance.

Here is my idea, and ya'll feel free to chip in here - we go ahead and post our DIY guides into their respective boards, like reloading, gunsmithing, handling etc - as we have been, but when something is done really well - we can lock them up and move the posts to the DIY-How To section.

great idea Trapper.

TexasRedneck

• New Braunfels
  • Administrator
  • On Target +52/-1
  • Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 08:25:17 PM »
I think it's easier kept in the area where it applies - otherwise, you'll look everywhere for an old "fix" post rather than to the area it applies to.
South Central Regional Director
Texas State Rifle Association

Wolfwood

• COMAL COUNTY TX
  • Rather Clever
  • Administrator
  • On Target +9/-2
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 08:46:38 PM »
I think it's easier kept in the area where it applies - otherwise, you'll look everywhere for an old "fix" post rather than to the area it applies to.

true, the posts are going to get buried one way or the other i reckon.
i hadn't thought of that. As long as the thread title is explicit google et al will pick it up wherever it is. And there is always the handy dandy TSS search function.